Saturday, May 22, 2010

Yard Sale / Bake Sale







Today's bake sell went over great with the prospective buyers. The cupcake frosted sugar cookies were a hit. There was even a promise for a repeat order and free advertising from a very pleased customer who purchased 4 cookies.

The cookies sold for $.25 or 4/$1 and the brownie bites, with and without walnuts, and lemon cakes sold for $1 per bag. One lady thought she wanted one bag of lemon cakes and after her first bite, changed her mind and bought 3 bags LOL

It was definitely a fun experience that taught me that having snacks at a yard sale can be profitable not only in terms of money, but advertising too.

3 comments:

  1. Z - was this sale in your yard? Sucks I missed it! Do you have any of the lemon muffins left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Deanna, the lemon cakes were a hit and I sold out. The yard sale was held at my cousins subdivision. She allowed me sell in her yard sale and that worked out really well because she got a lot of traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girlie....glad to see the yard sale was a success. I see big things for Z-Cakery in the near future!!! Keep baking....

    ReplyDelete