Tuesday, May 25, 2010

BANANA NUT CUPCAKES





Someone asked me what's the difference between a muffin and a cupcake, I said one has frosting one doesn't ha ha ha. I had a taste for banana nut cupcakes, or muffins if you prefer, so today I searched a recipe and I got lucky. I started with a recipe from the Neely's on Food Network and changed a few things to my liking along the way.


There are two things I'd do differently, bake them an extra 10 minutes because I used jumbo muffin pans and mash the bananas just a little more. I personally like the chunks but one person didn't. To each is own right ;-)

Also, instead of using the basic cream cheese recipe, I added a little flavor and came up with banana cream cheese frosting and so far its a hit with my kids, neighbors and friends. Wala, I have created my own little niche of a recipe for the cupcake muffins and frosting YAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment