Friday, June 11, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect






Today I made a little assortment of decorated sugar cookies for my neice. She graduated from Kindergarten this week and she's having a birthday next week. To kill two birds with one stone, I used the same colors on all the cookies and mailed them to her in a complimentary cookie tin.

Since I had extra cookie dough and I had already made a batch of royal icing, I decided to make a few shapes and practice on my cookie decorating skills. The icing consistency was great for outlining but I struggled a little with the thinning at times. My other challenge was making sure I was using the right tips.

Long story short, I was able to practice without wasting. My niece got two presents in one, the baby shower themed cookies are for a friend, the spring cookies were taken by a neighbor, and the others will be displayed in a cookie boquet after frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment