Thursday, June 24, 2010

Trial and Error


This yellow cake covered w/chocolate icing topped with a Steelers logo came to me as a special request for a groomsman cake in April. The groom didn't get a slice so I offered to make him another one at some point and time. Well the time has come, its his birthday so I made another attempt at the FBCT Steelers logo. For the non-bakers thats a frozen butter cream transfer where you print the logo in mirror image, trace it with icing, freeze for an hour and adhere it to the cake. Moving right along, while the process seems a bit easy mastering this little technique takes a little skill.

The first time I didn't pipe my icing close enough so you could see gaps. This time around I piped too hard and my red bled, ah ha that rhymed. Anyway, its also the second time I didn't check the consistency of my icing which is why my rope is not PERFECT as usual. It would happen in front of the cake too if you notice.

I guess the good thing is I got the practice I needed on the FBCT and I made a friend happy by making him another cake. Practice makes perfect through trial and error.

No comments:

Post a Comment